Camp Scugog is launching Scugog Nature School (SNS) this fall, and we are seeking enthusiastic volunteers to assist with our program. Scugog Nature School is a place where learning is driven by a child’s own curiosity, and guided by themed activities and enthusiastic instructors. Children, staff, and volunteers will spend a majority of their time outdoors exploring, playing, wondering, and more with nature as their teacher. SNS programming runs from 8:30am – 4:00pm Monday through Thursday and 8:30am – 12:00pm Friday for sessions 6-12 weeks in length.
Scugog Nature School volunteers will:
- Participate enthusiastically in nature school activities, providing support to instructors and participants
- Have an interest in supporting children’s outdoor education (ages 1-13)
- Support in the implementation of COVID-19 protocols i.e. sanitization of programming areas and equipment, and ensuring physical distancing and masking protocols are maintained
- Provide supervision support over lunch times, washroom runs, first aid, etc.
- Follow and uphold all safety procedures
- Be prepared to be outdoors in all weather conditions
- Commit to volunteering on a regular schedule
- Successful volunteers will be required to provide a recent Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Standard First Aid & CPR-C training considered an asset
- Basic knowledge of species identification considered an asset
- Be courteous and respectful
- Be double vaccinated against COVID-19
- Have access to reliable transportation to and from our site (not accessible by public transit)
If you are interested in volunteering, please send us a letter detailing your experience, and/or a copy of your resume with your contact information so we can get in touch with you.
Please address letters to:
Dana Leahey and Vicky Spence
Letter Submission Deadline: September 14, 2021 at 12:00pm (noon)